As co-sponsor of the event with the American Red Cross, The Sylmar Neighborhood Council was proud to support the project that also recruited more than a dozen new volunteers for our local preparedness efforts.
The recent home fire on April 29th that resulted in the death of a 60-year-old Sylmar resident is a tragic reminder of the importance of smoke alarms. In that fire, no evidence of smoke alarms was found. We ask all residents to make sure their smoke alarms are working and that batteries get replaced annually.
For more information on the Sylmar Neighborhood Council's Emergency Preparedness Committee click on the link below.